Why exercise outdoors?
Over the years, we have developed the expertise in making the most of the urban environment and creating an enchanting workout setting so you can live a healthy and happy life. This type of training allows:
- Better oxygenation with fresh air in a natural environment;
- Increased muscle toning and improved balance due to movements on an uneven surface;
- Greater cardiovascular improvement through exercising in movement rather than exercising in a closed room;
- A break with routine due to changing seasons;
- A reduction of stress through contact with nature which provides healing and relaxation;
- A better immune system (fewer colds in winter);
- Greater motivation due to socialization initiated and encouraged by coaches.
Our Mission: Your Well-Being
Cardio Plein Air aspires to the well-being of Quebecers by offering innovative and accessible exercise programs in a pleasant and motivating experience.
Born from the idea of a businesswoman passionate about physical activity and the outdoors, Cardio Plein Air has allowed thousands of Quebecers to be healthy and active since the fall of 2000. A pioneer in outdoor exercise on a national scale, Danielle Danault has been in the fitness industry for more than 35 years, as she is both an inveterate trainer and a recognized speaker.
Her experience, her creative flair and her desire to get involved drove her to create Cardio Plein Air, the first outdoor fitness concept in Quebec; Formation Axis, a unique online fitness instructor certification; as well as Slow Move Fitness, an innovative workout using slow movements to improve posture, strength, cardiac coherence, mobility, flexibility and body awareness. Danielle Danault owns the Slow Move Fitness trademark in Canada, the USA, Europe and Australia.
Our company is defined by its responsiveness and adaptability. We are constantly improving our workouts to meet the changing needs of our participants and offer them the best experience possible.
Our motivation to remain the benchmark in outdoor fitness is reflected in sustained investments in research and development in all regions of the world, as well as in the ongoing development of innovative exercise programs.
As the seasons go by, chemistry develops between coaches and participants. We take the time to know your personality, pathologies and goals to adjust your program and help you achieve amazing results. Furthermore, our company is constantly involved in the community through several initiatives to make people active on a daily basis.
We place humankind at the center of our concerns. Whether it’s the participants, our franchisees, our partners, other park users or the environment as a whole, Cardio Plein Air promotes respect for all.
An experienced fitness specialist, Danielle Danault has taught all fitness trends since 1980; from aerobics to body design to step and cardio boxing. For more than twenty years, she coached staff at several hospitals and at the Université de Montréal.
Founder and president of Cardio Plein Air, Ms. Danault is part of the 6% of women franchisers in Quebec. She is a true leader in the field of physical activity: her innovative and avant-garde outdoor training concept includes 48 franchises, 300 physical activity professionals and 23,000 annual subscriptions in more than 140 parks in the province. She is said to be the pioneer of outdoor training in Quebec.
Concerned about the future of entrepreneurship in Quebec, she does a lot of volunteer mentoring with young businesswomen. Since 2012, Ms. Danault has been involved in the Montréal Métropole en santé project as a private company and sits on the Regional Intersectoral Table Committee. She is also involved in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization by sponsoring a 10-year-old girl.
Awards and Recognitions
- Finalist for the “Leadership, Femme d’exception” Mercure at the Mercuriades, the most prestigious business competition in Quebec
- Étinc’ELLE, Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de la Rive-Sud, 2019
- Maillon d’or, “Franchiseur Innovation” category, Conseil québécois de la franchise, 2019
- Entrepreneure de l’année, “Moyenne entreprise” category, Réseau des Femmes d’affaires du Québec, 2018
- Finalist, Prix Excellence, “Entreprise de services; moins de vingt employés” category, CCIRS, 2018
- Honorary godmother, Prix Femmes d’affaires du Québec gala, 2017
- Finalist, Maillon d’or, Conseil québécois de la franchise, 2016
- Femme de mérite, “Santé et mieux-être” category, Y des femmes de Montréal, 2015
- Named Femme incontournable de l’entrepreneuriat féminin by Premières en Affaires magazine, 2013
- Entrepreneure de l’année, “Petite entreprise” category, Réseau des Femmes d’affaires du Québec, 2012
- Prix Excellence, “Entreprise de services; moins de vingt employés” category, CCIRS, 2012
- Prix excellence des gens d’affaires de Longueuil, “Services Professionnels” category, 2012
- Finaliste, Grand Prix de l’Entrepreneur, “Entrepreneur social” category, Ernst & Young, 2009
- Maillon d’or, Franchiseur de l’année, “Innovation concept-recette” category, Conseil québécois de la franchise, 2006
Concerned about the well-being of the community, she participates actively and financially in three causes that are important to her through Cardio Plein Air:
- MS Society of Canada through the MS Walk
- The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Quebec through the Walk and Run for Heart
- The Canadian Cancer Society through the Relay for Life